Having a website nowadays is essential for any business. Internet is playing an important role in the life of people and ignoring this fact you are risking to be sidestepped by your competitors. If you are running a restaurant your own website can significantly increase your income and raise your popularity. You can create your website from scratch or use cafe and restaurant WordPress themes. However, what are the most important features for a restaurant or cafe website? Here are 10 tips that will help you to make your website appealing to the clients.
- Responsive design is a must-have of any modern website. Statistically, over 60% of the visitors use their mobile devices for browsing. You don’t want to lose them, do you?
- Intuitive navigation. Make sure that the content on your website has a logical structure. To provide smoother navigation you can use dropdown or MegeMenu.
- Make the essential information visible. Don’t make your visitors look for the contact details, open hours or your restaurant’s location.
- Minimize textual content. Content is a king, no doubt. However, try to avoid large textual blocks.
- More appetizing images. You’d rather give the priority to the mouth-watering images. More images, less text – this should be your motto.
- Text menu on your website would be more appealing to the visitors than the PDF version. Thus, they don’t need to deal with the download procedure. Moreover, text menu is a source of keyword-rich content, which is really important for your SEO.
- Honorable mentions. Don’t forget to mention if you have some vegetarian, kosher, gluten-free food.
- Update the information regularly. Nothing is more upsetting than an outdated website. Always provide your clients with the latest information about your specialties, events, discount, etc.
- Use social media to promote your restaurant. Keep social links at the fore to encourage the visitors to join your online community and to spread the word about your restaurant.
- Optimize your website. First of all, optimize your website for SEO to make it visible in search engine results. Having a lot of media content might influence the loading speed. Thus, equip your website with Lazy load effect to prevent slow loading.
And now, when you already know what are the essential elements of a successful restaurant website, have a look at the collection of 15 restaurant WordPress themes we have chosen for you. The templates follow all the above-mentioned principles and feature clean modern design. Being created by one of the world’s leading template providers, Template Monster, they are written with a clean valid code and are optimized for SEO. The design is fully responsive and will fit any screen size. Running on Cherry Framework these WordPress restaurant themes provide you with advanced functionality and user-friendly admin dashboard. All of them are fully customizable due to powerful visual builders with drag-and-drop functionality. Buying any theme from Template Monster you get lifetime access to the free 24/7 support.
Perhaps the best thing of choosing WordPress template is that you can find any information you need on the web. There are loads of free online recourses where you can find answers to all your questions. We recommend you to start with Startup Hub. This is a waste knowledge base with lots of tutorials, webinars, articles and free eBooks.